Tips on Choosing the Alcoholism Rehab That is Best for You
Once you realize you or someone you love has big drinking problem it can be daunting to try and decide what is the best alcohol rehab treatment. One of the reasons that the stakes seem so high when you choose an alcoholism rehab is that there is the sense that if you do not choose the right one that the effort put into this might fail and lead to a relapse.
Here are some tips for the alcoholic on making a smart, individual choice when it comes to an alcohol rehab:
- Make sure that the alcoholic can devote at least thirty days to the effort of quitting drinking as this will give the addict enough time to become clean and sober. The clinics with the best reputation recommend a stay of 90 days to change your lifestyle habits for goo.
- Make sure that the alcoholic recovery rehab that you are considering has a proven track record in helping patients become clean and sober and that they can prove their success through statistics and testimonials on paper
- The best alcoholism rehab centers have medical and psychiatric staff on hand as well as therapists and addiction counselors.
- If you do not believe in a “higher power” such as God then many of the twelve-step based alcoholism rehab programs out there may not work well for you. Instead, consider joining an agnostic or atheist wellness based program.
- Try to choose a clinic that has some kind of follow-up strategy once the patient leaves to prevent relapsing once the alcoholic is back in the real world.
Of course the cost of the program and how much time can be taken off work or school is always going to be a factor when it comes to choosing an alcohol addiction rehab. The one that is best for you might be one that is at least partially covered by insurance or an existing health plan.