Drug rehabilitation strategies are all about catching yourself before you can relapse. Your main priority as a recovering addict is to avoid relapse.
Here are some effective drug rehabilitation strategies to avoid relapsing –
• Remember that your mind feeds your body and vice-versa ; stick to doing things that are good for you
• You are what you eat and if you do not eat well you will cause the moodiness, restlessness and irritability that is the enemy of drug rehabilitation – you can be triggered to use.
• Cut back on caffeine and sugar as they have been known to trigger cravings for drugs or alcohol
• Take your vitamins every day so you do not become fatigued or irritable due to being malnourished
• Get plenty of sleep as that is the time when your body repairs itself
• Use meditation to recenter your mind and emotions; it helps break those bad habits that contributed to your dependency
• Teach yourself to manage stress without the use of drugs; this is one of the most important things you can do to help yourself
• Realize that the temptation to use drugs has to do with the desire to self-mediacat so try to get to the bottom of what is wrong before you use
• Be sure to take up running, swimming or walking – anything that gets the blood moving helps the mind and the soul and assists you greatly in your drug rehabilitation
Stick with these drug rehabilitation strategies and you will be well on your way to feeling better. Meditating and exercising every day have been found to be extremely effective when it comes to allaying those temptations to self-medicate.