One of the things that surprises most people who are going to an alcohol addiction rehabilitation facility is what they can bring and can’t bring to the facilities. Here is a look at what you should pack for your stay at an alcohol treatment addiction rehab
- Credit card to pay the bill
- Personal identifications such as a license or passport so in an emergency the alcoholic addiction rehab staff and other concerned parties can identify you if necessary
- Cash that might be needed. Bring at least $200 but more is recommended.
- Bring a list of medications and dosage instructions.
- Bring a contact list of family members and friends who you will agree to have contact you if necessary.
- Bring casual comfortable clothing that can be layered as you could suffer from fevers, chills and other problems while withdrawing and you want to be comfortable
- Bring sleepwear including a house coat as other will be seeing you at night time
- Bring hiking boots and sneakers for taking walks
- Pack a swimsuit as most facilities will encourage dips in the pool
- Bring workout attire so you can take part in yoga and other fitness activities
- Bring your own shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, body lotion, mouthwash and sunscreen.
- Bring an iPod or CD player.
- Bring books to read or a Kindle ebook reader
- A pair of sunglasses
Keep in mind that there may quite a few things that you may not be able to bring such as perfumes (that might irritate other patients who are sensitive and irritable due to withdrawal.) You may also not be allowed to bring cigarettes unless they are somehow supplied in an unwrapped package.
Video cameras and cameras may also not be allowed at most alcohol and drug rehab centers. You might have to give up a cell phone that has a camera on it. Cell phones in general are discouraged and they may be confiscated so that you can use them only during certain prescribed times of the day. This is to avoid invasions of your privacy and outside contact that might encourage you to leave treatment or use.